Saturday, March 8, 2008

Guanaja - Time to put our Heads Underwater!

Guanaja Honduras is truly a Bay Island paradise! This is an aerial picture of Michaels Rock and the place we chose to snorkel. We loaded up our gear and with Daniel at the helm, Roger, Gary, my husband and myself headed over to this picture postcard perfect beach on the north side of the island. I don't know about you, but every time I look at this photo I have to sigh with pleasure.

We arrived on the warm sugar sand beach and just to scrunch the sand through my toes was great, but I knew it would get better....much better! We geared up and shuffled into the water ... I am a Florida girl and normally you wouldn't catch me swimming this time of year ... after all it is only February, but the Caribbean Sea was just the right temperature.

Well, the moment finally arrived .... time to stick our heads under the water....what would we see? Would we be disappointed? HOLY COW! What a sight!Delicate fans swaying in the mild current, live corals and exquisitely colored fish living their lives in this small part of the world......WOW, is too mild of a statement for this kind of beauty! We ended up snorking for a little over an hour and then we knew that it was time to go.
Alfred and I both know that we are destined to return someday.

Guanaja Honduras .... scuba, snorkel or dive .... you MUST put your head underwater!

No comments: