Thursday, February 7, 2008

Guanaja Honduras - Where the Heck is that?

Guanaja, Honduras.......where the heck is that?

Long story short, Guanaja is one of the Bay Islands of Honduras. If you are like me and it has been MANY years since you had geography in school, Guanaja is located about 40 miles off the coast of Honduras, which is in Central America. Honduras shares its borders with Guatemala, Nicaragua and El Salvador and while this may sound confusing to some, get on an airplane in Miami and in two hours you will be there...or at least on the mainland. Another 25 minute hop on a puddle jumper and you will land at the Guanaja airport.......COOL! Paradise really might not be that far away from home.

My husband and I have been seriously researching where the best place for our retirement should be spent. I'm not talking rocking chairs here, although a swinging hammock might be nice, but a place that is perfect for all the activities we love....boating, fishing, snorkeling, diving, good food and friends.

Follow our research and let's enjoy the journey together!

3 comments:

Guanaja Sharon said...

Hope you enjoy the island on your visit. My husband and I look forward to your trip and hope that we can assist you in any way possible. Guanaja is not for everyone, but for those that are here, we love it. See ya soon.
Sharon & Mike

gaty01 said...

My name is Gary and I had the opportunity to meet Denise and Alfred and they shared about there trip to Guanaja...WOW...I want to go there...my advice to everyone is to check out www.Guanaja-Honduras.blogspot.com and read about Denise and Alfred on there trip to Guanaja.I wish to thank Denise and Alfred for sharing about there experience.Thank you

gaty01 said...

I had the opportunity to meet Denise and Alfred and they shared a little information about there trip to Guanaja and WOW I want to go there...I suggest to everyone to go www.Guanaja-Honduras.blogspot.com and see for yourself. I am sure you will like it as much as I did...Thanks Denise and Alfred
Gary